So, who the heck am I to talk about century films?
Actually, I don’t think I’m the most qualified person to provide analysis of these movies, I just happen to be the one who’s doing it. But, if you know something I don’t, please comment! Part of why I’m doing this is to learn, and I won’t unless people tell me where I can improve.
Still, I do have some qualifications:
- An MA in European History, with a focus on the World War I period and immediate post-war. My thesis included some discussion of Expressionism and the theater.
- I have Masters in Library and Archival Studies as well, and I did some work on film preservation.
- I worked on a (incomplete) PhD in German History for two years.
- I worked in film in New York City for about two years. Most of the movies I worked on barely made the festival circuit, if at all, and only one has an imdb listing. Still, that’s more than a lot of critics out there.
- I focused on film theory and production my last year as an undergraduate, and since then I’ve been critically watching movies for an average of three hours a day, for more than than twenty years.
Folks who like books, as well as movies, might want to check out my goodreads profile.